Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar in Food
You might know that apple cider vinegar is used since ancient time for the household and for cooking purposes. It is also known as cider vinegar or ACV. It is just not only used for cooking purposes but also beneficial in many health problems. ACV is beneficial to lower the blood pressure, controls diabetes, reduces fat, boosts immune system and prevents from cancer.
This article will help you to know about the how and where you can use apple cider vinegar in your food like in salad, soup, baking, sauce and juice. There are tons of ways to incorporate ACV in your daily diet. One of the best ways is to add ACV in your diet by making tea or another drink of ACV. Some of the most common ways to add apple cider vinegar in your diet are as given below -:
- Add Flavor To Salad Dressing -: Apple cider vinegar is an amazing acid which is used for the dressing salad. A concoction of apple cider vinegar with herbs and spices sprinkle on the salad could make its taste wonder. You can also mix olive oil, herbs, ACV and little bit of sugar for dressing the salad.
- Sauce-: ACV has a tangy and fruity taste in it and adding this to your sauce could enhance the flavor of the Sauce. It is best to use it in making the fruit Sauce as it softens the fruits while cooking. Tomatoes are the best ingredient for making sauce as they are themselves acidic in nature.
- Boiled Eggs -: While you are boiling eggs add some cider vinegar in the water as it helps the eggs from leaking and cracking.
- To Preserve Food -: Just like other vinegars, apple cider vinegar is also an effective preservative. In fact, people have been using vinegar as a pickling agent to preserve food for thousands of years. It makes food more acidic which deactivates its enzymes and kills bacteria that may spoil the food.
- To Wash Fruits and Vegetables -: Pesticide residue the fruits and vegetables is an area of concern for human being. So, it is very necessary for people to eliminate every residue by washing it carefully. Apple cider vinegar solution has the potential to kill the bacteria and pesticides found on fruits and vegetable. ACV prevents cut fruits from turning black.
- For Homemade Candies and Cake -: Apple cider vinegar is a popular flavor and texture enhancer when it uses in baking cakes and candies, especially egg less cakes and candies. ACV helps to add extra flavor in homemade candies and cakes.
- Marinate -: Marinating the meat in apple cider vinegar helps to kill bacteria. In ¾ cup of vinegar you need to add your herbs and spices for marinating and let the meat rest in this mixture for few hours or overnight. This will kill all the bacteria and help the meat to remain fresh.
- Substitute -: Apple cider vinegar can be a substitute for acidic ingredient such as lemon. Mix ACV with pepper and garlic and it will give a tangy taste to your food.